Monday, September 12, 2011

May I trip, stumble, learn, and grow.

With the first day of preschool looming in our home we are trying to contain our excitement. Cherrios, milk, a few lavender cookies and cartoon watching ensue on the comfort of our couches. Beneath the zipper of her Hello Kitty backpack contains, crayons, colored pencils, glue, and Clorox Wipes. I ponder what creations will adorn our art gallery in the kitchen. I anticipate the stories that will be told, the friends she will make, and the amazing personality that will thrive into a beautiful little lady.

One thing I wasn't expecting was having "me" time. At this point in my life I was expecting to have more babies and/or be working full time at something I was passionate about. Well I work part-time for two awesome people. I absolutely love working for these people and I enjoy my jobs. I worked once upon a time as a paralegal/ legal secretary in various law offices and a government agency. My light was quickly burnt out due to lack of self satisfaction in my daily work. I believe that we are the only ones that can change our lives. I don't believe someone is constantly given a "sour spoon" in life. As for more babies that is a story for a different day.

My goal for my day-off is to extend my helping hand, ensue my adventurous side, take the steps to go back to school for my master's degree, and to take back myself. May I trip, stumble, learn, and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment